Friday 29 April 2011

First Post for Sarah Mortimer Hypnotherapy

Sarah Mortimer Solution Focused Hypnotherapist BristolHello and welcome to my Hypnotherapy blog!

My name is Sarah Mortimer and I am a Clinical Hypnotherapist in Bristol, UK.

I trained at The Clifton Practice where I gained a Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy (DHP) and a Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD). My training was very thorough and I saw clients from very early on so I gained a lot of experience in treating a wide variety of issues even before I qualified.

I have always had an interest in helping people starting off volunteering with St Johns Ambulance brigade as a teenager. I later went on to became an auxiliary nurse (healthcare assistant) on a respiratory & palliative care ward at Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham.

I became interested in complementary therapies while studying at university, using various therapies to help with anxiety leading up to exams and for general stress relief. One of the therapies I found most useful was Hypnotherapy. I was amazed at how effective it was at helping me to reduces my stress levels and allow me to think clearer which is so important during examination time.

After leaving University, I decided to retrain in Complementary Therapies - quite different to the Computer Science that I had been studying! I have always been very keen on learning new skills and information.

After working as a self employed Complementary Therapist in Bristol for 4 years, I decided to train in Hypnotherapy which has led me to where I am today! I was totally convinced that I wanted to train in the area of hypnotherapy after receiving a course of hypnotherapy to help me manage chronic pain which I had been suffering with for 5 years. I had tried everything under the sun - both conventional and complementary and nothing had worked until I had hypnotherapy. I was completely blown away by how effective it was and it gave me my life back. I thought I was doomed to be in pain for the rest of my life but I can happily say now that I no longer suffer with chronic pain in my back! I will write more about chronic pain and how I overcome it in a future post.

I really enjoy using hypnotherapy with my clients and they are often amazed at how quickly they can turn their life around with the techniques I teach them. Hypnotherapy is a very positive, forward-thinking therapy and provides you with the tools to help you change the way you think, feel and behave so that you can achieve your goal for therapy and help you move forward in your life!

I have successfully helped many people with a wide variety of issues including helping people through recent bereavements and relationship breakdowns; helping people reduce their stress and anxiety levels; helping people overcome phobias including arachnophobia (fear of spiders), claustrophobia (fear of enclosed spaces) and alektorophobia (fear of chickens); helping people lift themselves out of depression; helping women prepare for childbirth; helping people with chronic pain and stress-related illnesses; helping learner drivers control their nerves and feel confident ready for their driving tests; and many many more.

I offer Hypnotherapy at The Harbourside Practice, Bristol where appointments are available morning, afternoon and early evenings on Tuesdays, Wednesday's and Thursdays.

I have created this blog to provide information about hypnosis, hypnotherapy and the various issues it can help with. I will also include some self-help techniques and anything else which I feel is helpful to maintain good mental health and happiness. I would be happy to answer anyone's questions on hypnotherapy so please feel free to email me. I will also post news about my business and experiences as a Hypnotherapist. I hope you enjoy reading my blog!

For more information on Hypnotherapy, visit Sarah Mortimer Hypnotherapy.

2 comments:

  1. Czarah Pedres2 May 2012 at 13:38

    Wow! You have a very impressive clinical hypnotherapist resume. I am actually researching on hypnotherapy to quit smoking as I am looking for a way to stop my habit. I stumbled upon your blog and found that you have great qualifications but the problem is, I live in Brisbane, Australia. I found this website though, Brisbane Hypnotherapy. Is it good? Please let me know... Thank you in advance for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Mortimer3 May 2012 at 12:03

    Thanks Czarah for your comments. Obviously, I cannot recommended personally any hypnotherapist in Australia as I haven't been to see any or know any either. I would advise checking whether there are any hypnotherapy associations in Australia as they will hold a list of qualified and insured hypnotherapists that you could search through. Most hypnotherapists offer an initial consultation, often free of charge, which will allow you to get a feel for whether they can help you or not. I hope this helps

    ReplyDelete